Subject: syslog.conf question?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/21/2002 14:25:49
Hi,

just noticed that we don't appear to support syslog filtering
based on source host - just wondered if that was something we'd consider
adding to our syslogd?

In case I'm getting blank stares, see:

 http://makeashorterlink.com/?E33825582

for the feature I'm describing as FreeBSD do it; basically it lets you
send syslog info to a single host, which filters based on the source.

I've got a hpcmips palmtop wireless client, and thought of logging to
the Sparc wireless gateway, to save disk space. I was quite surprised to
see we didn't do this, as I assumed it was an unofficial BSD standard.