Subject: Re: build.sh -m vax fail, miniroot full
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/2002 08:51:00
Luke Mewburn said:

> Also, IIRC, alpha->vax cross builds didn't generate a working release,
> which is why for NetBSD 1.6 we migrated the vax build back off Matt's
> CS20 (alpha) to the dual i386 build box.  (This is probably unrelated
> to your specific problem, but may bite you anyway).

I can vouch that the alpha->vax build can produce a system with "interesting"
side-effects :-) With current->current I couldn't produce a working kernel,
it got built OK but crashed hard pretty early, fsck *always* corrupts disks
and other minor irritations. The fsck problem was a lot of fun, everytime
I let fsck touch the disks it would munch it's way through the fs giving
me the pleasure of rehearsing newfs options..

I'm not sure about alpha->m68k.

--
jht