Subject: aue device problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ivar Skjoerseter <ivarhs@hotmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/2002 18:46:29
Hello people!

I started posting my problem with the D-Link DU-E100 USB
Fast Ethernet Adapter in tech-net@ here:
    http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-net/2002/11/14/0001.html
but now it seems like its a driver/usb-problem so its probably
more correct to ask the question here.

I have enabled acphy and ukphy in the kernel but it still doesnt
work. Enabling acphy made the "not configured"-messages in
dmeg dissapear, but nothing more. Still dont have any link
light, but when i connect/disconnect the cable from the ether
port the status in ifconfig changes between active and "no carrier".

When the adapter was connected to the network for some time, the
console started to show these messages in a "loop fashion":

<CUT>
aue0: 248 usb errors on rx: IOERROR
aue0: 250 usb errors on rx: IOERROR
aue0: 249 usb errors on rx: IOERROR
</CUT>

Very irritating, so i disconnected the D-Link adapter. The kernel
than went into debugmode (db>) with the following message:

<CUT>
usb_detach_wait: aue0 didn't detach
aue0 detached
uvm_fault(0xc03c56c0, 0x0, 0, 1) -> e
kernel: page fault trap, code=0
Stopped in pid 3 (usbtask) at usbd_free_xfer+0x24: movl 0x2c(%eax),
%eax
</CUT>

Suggestions what could be wrong ?

Regards ...