Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5.4_ALPHA + PIM6SD + route6d + ex driver problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/2002 15:55:15
On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 03:43:09PM +0100, Frank van der Linden wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 03:39:50PM +0100, Feico Dillema wrote:
> > The problem I see when I start PIM6SD, is that route6d fails to pick
> > up RIP route advertisments from the ex interface. The other interface
> > (rtk) has no such problems. The problem is `fixed' by:
> >
> > 1. running tcpdump on the ex interface (promiscuous mode)
> > 2. disable the ex interface in pim6sd.conf
> >
> > Is this a known problem of the ex driver, has it been fixed in 1.6 or
> > -current?
>
> There were a few bogons in the multicast part of the ex driver, which
> were fixed in -current. I'd try a -current kernel, there is a fair
> chance that it will help.
Hmmm, have several PC routers with ex drivers that run 1.5 or 1.6. Can
upgrade the 1.5 machines to 1.6 over time, but like these machine on a
stable branch. Can test a -current kernel, but would like to know if
fixes for the bogons will be pulled up to 1.6 and/or 1.5? Don't mind
waiting a bit for that, but would like to know.

Thanks,

Feico.