Subject: Re: i386 test kernels with new interrupt code available
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
From: Andreas Gustafsson <gson@gson.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/16/2002 15:08:57
Frank van der Linden writes:
> I've put some test kernels containing the changed interrupt code
> I've been working on, in ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/fvdl/intr/

I built a kernel using the i386 source in

  -rw-r--r--  1 1075  netbsd   880777 Nov 14 05:56 i386intr5.tgz

and tested it with a Tyan Tiger MP S2460 dual Athlon motherboard with
a bunch of PCI cards installed, notably a ZNYX four-port Ethernet card
and a Lucent WaveLan PCI/PCMCIA adapter card featuring a TI PCI1410
PCI-CardBus bridge chip.

The new interrupt code seems to be a step in the right direction.
When I last tested this combination of cards back in August, the ZNYX
card only worked if I either downgraded to a non-MP kernel or
physically removed the Lucent card from the machine.  Now the ZNYX
cards works even with the Lucent card present.

The Lucent card itself still doesn't work, presumably due to the
continuing lack of support for the AMD760 chipset in the PCI interrupt
fixup code:

  pci_intr_fixup: no compatible PCI ICU found
  Warning: unable to fix up PCI interrupt routing
  cbb0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0: Texas Instruments PCI1410 PCI-CardBus Bridge (rev. 0x01)
  cbb0: NOT USED because of unconfigured interrupt

--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson@gson.org