Subject: build.sh problems: Solaris 9 SPARC
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@norstar.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/15/2002 12:52:13
	Anybody out there building NetBSD cross-compiled on Solaris 9/gcc 3.2?

	I cvs'd the source trees for release 1.6 and current as of 14 Nov 2002.

	"build.sh -d -m {amiga,sparc,i386} -R /some/dir/1 -D /some/dir/2"

	I have problems under both 1.6, won't work at all, and current,
	mostly works with manual futtzing.

	First, 1.6 won't build at all 'cuz the nbmake produced chokes on the
	first mkdepend with nbmake unable to grok "<builtins>".

	Current has some manual issues:

	1) There are directory name clashes for grep, ktrace and man in the
	   initial cleaning phase that tries to remove those from the
	   respective source directory. Each of the source trees has a
	   subdirectory the same name as the binary produced so the rm chokes
	   when it trys to tidy up. i.e.

	   src/gnu/usr.bin/grep/grep is a directory rather than a file.
	   src/usr.bin/ktrace/ktrace is a directory rather than a file.
	   src/usr.bin/man/man is a directory rather than a file.

	   I don't think that this is unique to Solaris; CVS made the src
	   trees, not Solaris.

	2) Solaris calls GID 0 "root" rather than "wheel".

	I have the current build worked out but I'd REALLY love to get the
	1.6 release build to go as I feel better running RELEASE 1.6 on
	production boxes instead of current.

	Using the Solaris UltraSPARC box speeds up builds by days so I'd
	prefer to build on it rather than the native A3000, IPX or PII
	target boxes...

	-Rob