Subject: Re: Threads implementation
To: Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/2002 12:40:36
On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Julio Merino wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:08:01 +0100
> Francisco Gayt=E1n <fg@hispabsd.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > I have got some problem with POSIX threads libraries (I have sent the
> > problem description to netbsd-users).
>
> I see no message in that list related to this. Although... you do not say
> which library is giving problems :?
>
> > Do you know when (aproximately) NetBSD will implement their own threads
> > library? do you know if they will be POSIX compatible?
>
> They *ARE* implemented, just not in the main branch. If you really *NEED*
> them (or want to help with testing ;) just change your cvs branch.

They are working better and better all the time. I'm using them on most of
my daily-use machines at the moment.

This method isn't the one I used to get the tree, but I think that

cvs -d <cvs server> co -f -r nathanw_sa

should get you the nathanw_sa code. The main changes are in includes,
lib/libc, lib/libpthread, lib/libkvm, lib/libpthread_dbg, and sys. Oh,
bin/ps, usr.bin/systat, usr.bin/top, and usr.bin/w too. I think there are
some changes to a few other dirs too, but I'm not sure.

I have some patches lying around if you want to make releases; the flists
aren't 100% at the moment.

Take care,

Bill