Subject: i386 test kernels with new interrupt code available
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/12/2002 14:50:17
I've put some test kernels containing the changed interrupt code
I've been working on, in ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/fvdl/intr/

They are GENERIC, GENERIC_LAPTOP and GENERIC.MPVERBOSE (which is
GENERIC.MP + the MPVERBOSE option) kernels.

I made these available because I want the code to have some more
testing before I check it into the source tree. So far I am the
only one who has tested the code, with one (successful) exception.
I've tested code on multiprocessor, single-processor and laptop
systems, and it's stable on these test systems.

The kernels will spit out a bunch of extra interrupt allocation
info during autoconfig.

Let me know if the kernels do or do not work if you test any
of them. If you find a problem which you are not seeing on
plain -current, include the dmesg output if possible.

MD5 hashes for the bzipped kernels:

MD5 (netbsd.GENERIC.bz2) = 266c8b8f8a00db7a0600337515458874
MD5 (netbsd.GENERIC_LAPTOP.bz2) = 0cd0f614ed5dd5a80c9bded3bf0e78ab
MD5 (netbsd.GENERIC_MPVERBOSE.bz2) = cc99b75abe530d17ce852a659d3ff08d

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                    fvdl@wasabisystems.com
Quality NetBSD Development, Support & Service.   http://www.wasabisystems.com/