Subject: Re: VueScan (Linux emulation)?
To: current-users@netbsd.org <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/2002 11:10:18
In message <200211091640.gA9GevA15259@guild.plethora.net>, Peter Seebach writes
:
>In message <Pine.NEB.4.44.0211091231090.17802-100000@triton.invisible.ca>, "Ja
>ed D. McNeill" writes:
>>
>>If it's running under Linux emulation, you should be able to do it.
>>
>>Assuming it uses /dev/scanner0, making /emul/linux/dev/scanner0 a symlink
>>to /dev/<your real device> should do the trick.
>
>Hmm.  According to ktrace, it loks like it's using /proc/scsi/scsi to search
>for SCSI scanners!  I may be able to beat it if I can find something of the
>right format and stick it in a plain file.

Well, that gets it as far as opening the device... After which it attempts
ioctls that we don't apparently support.  It looks as though the Linux version
is using their "sg" SCSI generic driver, rather than any kind of scanner
driver... So, I may just lose.

Meanwhile... xsane will preview, but if I try to actually do a full scan, it
aborts horribly.  Then any attempt to get a preview yields weird-looking
stufff... Almost as though xsane initiated an 18MB read request, and the
SCSI subsystem choked on it.  :)

-s