Subject: Re: build.sh -t fails on 1.6I
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/2002 09:37:57
On Fri, 08 Nov 2002, Mr Mine Sakiyama wrote:
> I am getting error trying to run build.sh with -t. It
> stops with the following error. The sources are
> obtained via CVS today.

I don't know about this specific case, but problems like yours are
sometimes caused by stale .depends files, and deleting the contents of
the OBJDIR directory will get rid of them.  I often delete the entire
contents of OBJDIR, TOOLDIR, DESTDIR and RELEASEDIR after a cvs update,
just to be sure that no old files will affect the build.  (Actually,
files in RELEASEDIR do not affect the build, but I delete them anyway.)

"build.sh -r" deletes TOOLDIR and DESTDIR, but does not delete OBJDIR.
This might be a bug.

--apb (Alan Barrett)