Subject: Re: praise
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/08/2002 19:41:27
On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 08:18:24AM -0800, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 05:44:07PM +0200, Jarkko Teppo wrote:
>
>  > With 1.6K and current pkgsrc mozilla is ~faster than compat-osf netscape.
>  > I can't even begin to describe the difference. This is nothing short of
>  > amazing.
>  >
>  > This is just too cool to be true.
>
> This is, in large part, due to the work that Charles Hannum did on the
> dynamic linker (and I added one Alpha-specific performance improvement,
> as well).
>
> I'm very glad that you're pleased with the results :-)

Can the dynamic linker be backported to 1.6 easily? Will a simple
compile do the trick?

I'm more than a little irritated that my 600 MHz 21164a runs Mozilla
ever so slightly slower than my 233 MHz 21064a runs Netscape 4.

Seen on bottom of IBM part number 1887724:
DO NOT EXPOSE MOUSE PAD TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME.