Subject: Re: current build failure
To: Leo Ngatia <leongatia@techemail.com>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/04/2002 20:09:51
On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 04:50:41PM -0800, Leo Ngatia wrote:
> just wondering....
>
> Are you downloading "ALL" sets ie "all *.gz" files from "ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src" ?

No. I am using CVS. ie:
cd /usr/src && \
env CVS_RSH=ssh cvs -danoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot -qz3 up -Pd

> and are you using "build.sh" script?

Yes. For the toolchain:
./build.sh -t
For userland:
./build.sh -D /disk2/f/dest

> If you are trying to build includes seperately, it will probably fail.

'make includes' by itself has saved me on many, many occasions when something in
the tree wouldn't build with the currently-installed includes. Given that the
problem here appears to be an attempt to use a structure member that does not
exist, I thought that make includes was worth trying, since it might have been
added since the last time I built.

> A link that might help:http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/
>
> (You've probably ben there anyway but...)

Multiple times.

> I suggest deleting whatever sources you have (delete entire src tree) then untar the new sets (all of them) and then "build.sh -t" for new tools and when your kernel is compiled, reboot and "build.sh" for new userland.

I've done that before in cases like that, but it does not always work. Usually
it doesn't make a difference if the problem is what is in current at the moment
- such as this case - it'll still fail when the delete/checkout is done.

I was just informed to try rev 1.40 of the offending file, and it's built past
that point now, and looks to be continuing along on the build just fine.

> Hope that helps. If you think I could help you some more, don't hesitate to email.

Thanks,
-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII