Subject: Re: Lost wi(4) connections in -current?
To: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/2002 20:49:52
On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 06:17:33PM -0500, Brad Spencer wrote:
> Perhaps your access point does not provide this needed support.

Quite possible.  It's an el-cheapo (~$30?) access point.  If it's a
feature, though, I would kind of expect it to fail in a more benign
fashion somehow.  I'm also not getting very good throughput at all,
but that does seem to be the access point.  128-bit WEP seems to cut
the performance in about half.  From ~300KBps to ~150KBps with FTP.  :-P

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...