Subject: Re: Lost wi(4) connections in -current?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/2002 15:31:00
On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 01:57:42PM -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:
> There don't seem to be any "pauses" - it's just that, suddenly,
> during a connection, the connection will instantly close; it doesn't
> time out, it closes within milliseconds of the last successful
> packet.

I have just started trying to use wi(4) on an Apple laptop with an
access point.  I don't have much to compare it to, but it seems work
fine in OS/X.  It works better in NetBSD if I disable powersave mode.
With powersave enabled, I can ping, but not ftp/ssh/etc.  Or rather,
I can, but it seems that only the first bit of data gets transferred.
Is powersave supposed to work differently?  There's next to no
documentation on it in ifconfig(8).  I also notice that the AP is
racking up errors, but that seems to be happening at some rate with
OS/X, too--hard to tell if it's the same rate, though.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...