Subject: Re: Translated manual pages
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@pultek.co.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2002 12:53:18
> However, is it really true that there has never been a version of
> troff that handled Japanese? If so, what were the Japanese language
> man pages I used to have on my old Sony NEWS machine written with?

There should have been many attempts to make roff able to handle
Japanese.  It's quite possible for NEWS people to develop their own
Japanese roff, considering their skill.  The problem may be that
Japanized roffs are VERY specific to Japanese.

No internationalized typesetting systems are coming to my mind right
now...

Masao