Subject: Re: Translated manual pages
To: MAEKAWA Masahide <bishop@rr.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/28/2002 23:14:53
On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 12:10:49PM +0900, MAEKAWA Masahide wrote:
> Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp> wrote:
> >> I know some (many? or almost?) users are against.
> >
> >Eeek?
> >Do you know actual user who is against localized man page?
>
> Yes. I really heard that. not mail. not BBS. My ears.

Well, I hope -- that's not to say that I do, but that I hope -- that I speak
not only for myself but for the rest of the NetBSD developers when I say, "to
hell with him".

What _harm_ could localized manual pages possibly do?  Japanese users and
developers have made tremendous contributions to NetBSD, to BSD, to Unix,
and, indeed, to computing.  If someone wants to start contributing localized
manual pages -- particularly Japanese manual pages -- I think it cannot
possibly be but for the best.

Thor