Subject: Re: DRI in XF86?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Lars Nordlund <lars.nordlund@hem.utfors.se>
List: current-users
Date: 10/27/2002 11:41:12
On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 03:24:44AM -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:
> It appears that XF86 has some hooks for hardware rendering support,
> but they're turned off by default in the NetBSD build.  Is there
> something horribly broken about the DRI support?

We need a DRM kernel module. I am not sure if this is layered in such a
way that we can use it together with the pieces written for each and
every graphics chip supported by Linux DRI. Basically, each graphics
chip we want to support needs its own kernel module. According to the
documents I have read so far this module is then loaded by the X server.
Or something.. I think FreeBSD loaded this module at boot time though.

	/Lars