Subject: Re: auich silent?
To: TAMURA Kent <kent@netbsd.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/25/2002 17:56:16
On October 25, 2002 04:05 pm, TAMURA Kent wrote:
> > > Anyone else having an auich make no noise at all?  This is on a laptop.
> > > Works fine under windows; under NetBSD, it's silent.
> >
> > Yes!  I was just going to post this question myself.
>
> Please show the output of "mixerctl -a".

Aha!  I had set "inputs.dac.mute=off" as Ron Roskens suggested in another
message (and another setting that I got from the archives) but it still
didn't work.  When I checked this I found that there were 3 more mutes to
turn off.

My next issue is that the sound level is amazingly low.  I have the hardware
pot turned right up as well as "inputs.cd=255,255" and
"outputs.master=255,255" but it is barely listenable.  Certainly no way to
play R&R.

Anyway, probably a hardware limitation that I can't do anything about.

Thanks.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@netbsd.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/