Subject: ftp error to ftp.netbsd.org
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Clarence <c5666305@hkstar.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/25/2002 11:52:19
Hello,

I encountered an error when I tried to ftp from ftp.netbsd.org.  Here is
the message.

ftp> open ftp.netbsd.org
Connected to ftp.netbsd.org.
220 ftp.netbsd.org FTP server (NetBSD-ftpd 20020615) ready.
User (ftp.netbsd.org:(none)): ftp
331 Guest login ok, type your name as password.
Password:
230-
The NetBSD Project FTP Server located in Redwood City, CA, USA
100 Mbps connectivity courtesy of                      ,        ,
Connection closed by remote host.
ftp> quit

Here is the setup of my working environment

internet <-> ISP <-> dsl <-> fw/gw/dns <-> private lan

I can ftp to ftp.netbsd.org only at the fw/gw/dns machine but not the
machines in my private lan.  I had tried to clear all the firewall rules
for testing.  However, the result is the same.  Can anyone help ?  Thanks.

Clarence

P.S.  I can ftp to other at my private lan like ftp.freebsd.org...