Subject: Re: HEADS UP: kqueue support merged
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/23/2002 15:05:11
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:

# in all cases. Also, we support filesystem kevents for all writable
# local filesystems (including ffs, lfs, ext2fs, msdosfs) and also
# for NFS. Thus, file managers and file servers can depend on the
# functionality to be present for any filesystem likely to be used
# as file storage.

At first glance, this looks to be a kernelville implementation of the
same mechanisms by which tripwire is made to work.

At second glance, it looks with all the kevents, filters and
other things going into the kernel and talking out the other end,
we seem to be heading in the direction of a message-passing kernel
with fewer context switches than a pure message-passing microkernel.

I might be misreading, too.

				--*greywolf;
--
Microsoft:
	"Just click on the START button and your journey to the Dark Side