Subject: Re: /rescue suggestions
To: Sporleder, Matthew \(CCI-Atlanta\) <Matthew.Sporleder@cox.com>
From: Alex Barclay <alex@planet-barclay.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/22/2002 18:46:05
Sporleder, Matthew (CCI-Atlanta) wrote:

>Anyone think that a visual editor in /rescue is a good idea?
>
>I do.  :)
>Although I respect ed and can use it enough to change a few things, I wouldn't mind being able to use something that's a little more friendly in a bad situation.
>
>-Matt

Learn to use and respect ed :-)

That said how about providing a limited termcap for things like vt100,
hp and sun terminals. Did I cover the most popular variants here? vt100
is a subset of vt2xx and 3xx. sun is wierd - maybe a type of ansi and hp
is also wierd - most real HP terminals today can be told to emulate VT.
Besides if one of these doesn't work then you have "ex" which is
significantly better than ed IMHO.

A.