Subject: Re: gnu tar and cpio have been replaced with pax-based versions
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/17/2002 16:45:28
woods@weird.com (Greg A. Woods) writes:

> I'm guessing that you also didn't remove /usr/bin/tar and
> /usr/bin/cpio and that for some reason you hae /usr/bin before
> /bin in your PATH.

Why would you guess that?  I said i moved /usr/bin/tar out of the
way.  Furthermore, if it were finding gnu tar, i wouldn't be
seeing the error.

> try "make pakage PKG_VERBOSE=YES" and then you _should_ see
> exactly what 'tar' command is being run by pkg_create.

Strangely, PKG_VERBOSE has no effect.

0 bmf% make show-var PKG_VERBOSE=YES VARNAME=PKG_VERBOSE
YES
0 bmf% make PKG_VERBOSE=YES package
===> Packaging bmf-0.84
===> Becoming root@wundagore.pretzelnet.org to package bmf-0.84.
sudo ===> Building binary package for bmf-0.84
Creating package /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/bmf-0.84.tgz
Using SrcDir value of /usr/pkg
Registering depends:.
Creating gzip'd tar ball in
'/usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/bmf-0.84.tgz'
tar: Unable to access -C <No such file or directory>

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg@pretzelnet.org

Build a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -Terry Pratchett