Subject: Re: gnu tar and cpio have been replaced with pax-based versions
To: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/17/2002 17:30:32
[ On Thursday, October 17, 2002 at 15:54:46 (-0500), Eric Gillespie wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: gnu tar and cpio have been replaced with pax-based versions
>
> christos@zoulas.com (Christos Zoulas) writes:
>
> > Let me know if you have any problems.
>
> I updated and installed pax and pkg_install from HEAD and moved
> gnu tar out of the way.  Now i update pkgsrc/mk and try to build
> a package:
>
> Creating gzip'd tar ball in
> '/usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/bmf-0.84.tgz'
> tar: Unable to access -C <No such file or directory>

I'm guessing that you also didn't remove /usr/bin/tar and /usr/bin/cpio
and that for some reason you hae /usr/bin before /bin in your PATH.

try "make pakage PKG_VERBOSE=YES" and then you _should_ see exactly what
'tar' command is being run by pkg_create.

Of course pkg_install really should be fixed to use just the standards
compliant features of the native 'pax' command line interface.

--
								Greg A. Woods