Subject: UPDATING
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/13/2002 02:16:40
About this entry:

20020917:
USE_NEW_TOOLCHAIN has been replaced with:

- TOOLCHAIN_MISSING -- set to "yes" on platforms for which there is no
working in-tree toolchain (hppa, ns32k, sh5, x86_64).

- EXTERNAL_TOOLCHAIN -- if defined by the user, points to the root ofan
external toolchain (e.g. /usr/local/gnu).  This enables the cross-build
framework even for TOOLCHAIN_MISSING platforms.

I just tried to catch up to -current from before this entry.
USE_NEW_TOOLCHAIN didn't have to be manually set prior to this, or it
defaulted.  Now TOOLCHAIN_MISSING _has_ to be set, for example to
manually update config(8).  The message really isn't clear on it needing
to be set.

It through me off for a while, thought I had makefile corruption based
on the errors...maybe something a little less ambiguous next time would
be helpful

-lava