Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc/distrib/utils/mksunbootcd
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/11/2002 02:41:18
On Mar 3,  3:33am, Luke Mewburn wrote:
}
} The arguments for mksunbootcd are:
} 	image-to-modify	[slice1 [slice2 [slice3 [slice4 [slice5 [...]]]]]]
}
} Since slice numbering starts at 0 (`a' in NetBSD parlance), slice5 == `f'.

    Hmm, okay.  This wasn't immediately clear from the man page.
However, upon rereading it, I see that the image is put in the first
partition, making it `a'.  It was somewhat coincidence that I suppplied
enough boot codes in order to put the sparc64 code in `f'.  It would be
interesting to try putting the sparc64 code in a different partition
and supply a matching .slicemap (or a .cdtoc) as somebody else had
mentioned.  If that works, it may solve the conflict with sun3x.

}-- End of excerpt from Luke Mewburn