Subject: Re: CryptoGraphic Disk.
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/07/2002 11:12:59
On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 10:32:10AM -0700, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> >
> > How is making vnconfig and adding a hard link from vndconfig to
> > vnconfig different from making vndconfig and hardlinking vnconfig to
> > it, in the final install?
> >
> > The one main difference would be that we don't rename the build
> > directory (in source), so we maintain CVS history for the progrmam.
>
> well, in the vnconfig(8) manual page stands that it's a BUG.  so if we
> want to resolve this BUG we need to rename it to vndconfig, fix manual
> page as well and only add vnconfig hardlink for compatibility reasons.
> otherwise i don't see any reason why should we touch this at all..

No, you're wrong. What you propose is not the only way to resolve this
"BUG" as you like to call it (rather ironic use of all caps as the name of
the program being not what one would expect seems less of a problem than
the program working incorrectly, which doesn't seem to be the case right
now).

Making hardlinks to vndconfig and the man page, removing the bug section
entry, and adding vndconfig as a command name in the man page will also
aleviate this problem.

Take care,

Bill