Subject: Re: CryptoGraphic Disk.
To: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/07/2002 14:59:13
--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

hi,

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 03:09:22PM -0400, Roland Dowdeswell wrote:
> I've just committed cgd, the CryptoGraphic Disk.
>=20
> The cgd is basically a pseudo-disk which encrypts blocks on their way
> to the disk that it is attached to.  Currently it supports 3 crypto
> algorithms:  aes-cbc, blowfish-cbc and 3des-cbc.  The IV is chosen by
> the ``IV generation method'', the only one that is implemented is
> ``encblkno'', i.e. encrypted block number.
>=20
> For more information about how to use and configure cgds please refer
> to the provided documentation, cgd(4) and cgdconfig(8).

is there any reason why is the control utility inconsistently named
cgdconfig(8) and not cgdctl(8) to follow the way NetBSD does it?
cgdconfig(8) sounds more like FreeBSD tool for me.

apart of this, hey, many thanks! :)

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=