Subject: Re: lfs_cleanerd is crazy!
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/06/2002 22:35:46
On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 @ 8:44pm (-0700), Bill Studenmund wrote:

BS> On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Julio Merino wrote:
BS>
BS> > Oh... it is around 96%. There were around 200mb free, but it has been going
BS> > down to 130, more or less.
BS>
BS> lfs partitions need more space free for healthy operation than ffs ones.

Just curious whatever came of this coversation?  The whole 75% usage thing is
kinda crazy.  That makes LFS impracticle on any relatively small phyical disks.
I had this behavior just start happening to me, followed by a panic I couldn't
get a traceback on.  Upon reboot i get a panic in lfs_cleanerd now every time
it tried to mount that file sytem:

lfs_nextseg: no clean segments

newfs runs clean, though.

Should we be disabling lfs in GENERIC or putting some disclaimers in the man pages?

-lava

BS> While I'm not sure of how the current code behaves, try not letting the
BS> file system get over about 75% or so full.
BS>
BS> Take care,
BS>
BS> Bill

later -           | _BonaFide[] = { coder, author, | /~\ The ASCII Ribbon
Brian A. Seklecki | problem solver, scholar, BOFH, | \ / Campaign Against
                  | vegetarian, runner, NetBSD     |  X  Exchange, Outlook
                  | advocate, spiritual machine }; | / \ & HTML Email

PGP: 0111 4618 0111 4618 4AB2 24EB C853 6611 75C4 A91E A7A7 4973