Subject: Re: build.sh -R fails?
To: None <grant@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/2002 18:15:50
On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 grant@netbsd.org wrote:

# > 14644a14583
# > > ./var/lost+found
# > checkflist: flist inconsistencies found
# > checkflist: key to output:
# >   <  file is in flist but missing from DESTDIR
# >      (file wasn't installed ?)
# >   >  file is in DESTDIR but missing from flist
# >      (file is obsolete or flist is out of date ?)
# > *** Error code 1
#
# I don't know about /var/lost+found, but the rest seem to indicate
# you need to update your tree.

This was after
netbsd# cd /usr/src
netbsd# cvs update -d -P .

So I don't know what's up with that.

"I'll go do that again."

I tend to make a lost+found directory in every fs, just out of habit
(it's a carryover from systems that did NOT automagically generate lost+found
while trying to recover during fsck...and, come to think of it, they
didn't generate it after mkfs finished, either...).

[I know.  Sun automagically generated them on newfs; and BSD eventually
got around to automagically creating them upon discovering their absence
during an fsck in which it had to recover something.]

# I built a -current release from yesterday's source fine (after adding
# a few flist entries) :)

What flist entries did you have to add?

				--*greywolf;
--