Subject: Re: Anyone else seeing fxp0 die?
To: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
From: Petter Lindquist <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/2002 19:34:35
On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Charlie Allom wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 08:33:19AM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> > Under semi-heavy usage, the link lights stay on but I get the error
> > message:
> > Oct  1 21:31:27 allison /netbsd: fxp0: device timeout
> >
> > I'm not doing anything new. I was downloading the current RH8.0 iso.
>
> Weird - I saw this for the first time a few days back.

I just upgraded my fxp box to 1.6 today. When booting the 1.6 CD the
kernel fiddled some with the eeprom on my fxp, and it told me I couldn't
use the device until my machine was restarted.

Is this documented somehwre?

--=20
/P=E5llen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen
          telnet://mumindalen.astrakan.hig.se