Subject: HEADS UP: restructure of wi driver
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Atsushi Onoe <onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 09/30/2002 16:02:55
I've committed the changes into wi driver which is restructured to use
ieee80211subr.c we have.  As a result, the behavior of the wi driver
should be consistent with awi (PRISM-I) based driver.  It enables WEP
for station, IBSS station, and hostap mode, and expect future
implementation for coming 802.11i authentication/encryption support
for most of 802.11 drivers.

Now it runs on several cards tested on:
           Lucent Wavelan/IEEE 2.0Mb Bronze
           Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE Turbo 11Mbps
           Melco AIR CONNECT WLI-PCM-L11, WLI-PCM-L11G
           Melco AIR CONNECT WLI-CF-S11G
           D-Link DWL-650 11Mbps WLAN Card, DCF-650W CF Card
           Intel PRO/Wireless 2011 LAN PC Card
           Intersil PRISM Mini-PCI
           Linksys Group, Inc. Instant Wireless Network PC Card, CF Card
           NCR WaveLAN/IEEE
           Symbol Spectrum24 Wireless Networker PC Card, CF Card

According to the mode (ibss/hostap) supported for the card, you can see
by typing
	% ifconfig -m wi0

If you find some problems, please send-pr.

Regards,

Atsushi Onoe