Subject: vnd vs. NFS: PR 16570
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Patterson <Ross.Patterson@CatchFS.Com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/28/2002 18:54:45
I've just been bitten by what looks like the problem described in PR16570 -
an inability to use vnconfig on files residing in NFS-mounted filesystems
(I'm building NetBSD boot-floppy and CD-ROM images, ala
/usr/src/distrib/i386/floppies/...).  I can see the problem is closed (ref.
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=16570), but can't
figure out what release the fix is in.  I'm currently running 1.5, obviously
that's not the one :-)

As long as I'm asking questions, is there any other workaround besides:

	1) Moving the base-file out of NFS (involves messing with the Makefiles).
	2) Upgrading my development machine to 1.6 (not a bad idea, but I'd rather
not do it right at this moment).

Thanks,
Ross
--