Subject: Re: reducing library searches in ld.elf_so
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/26/2002 22:53:42
On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 03:50:03PM +0100, David Laight wrote:
> > This is why I said the cache should be associated with the search
> > path.
>
> Or at least remember the directories the library wasn't found it.
> Then search by basename first...
> (need to do something horrid just in case a library has to be
> loaded from 2 or more places.)

Euhm... am i correct in thinking that this ld.elf_so is loaded once every
time a program is started and then disapears when the programs exits?

If so.... why not `just' do a `glob()' in the paths containing the library
files and remember them in f.e. a linked list (or hashtable or ...) and
only search in that structure? are we really even _wanting_ to be able to
load a library that has `just' been created while the program is starting
up? or otherwise just use it for startup?

Cheers,
Reinoud