Subject: mp3 jukebox programs?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@mono.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/26/2002 20:49:19
	What are people using to play mp3s in an 'non interactive'
	environment, such as an office with many people, or a room
	at home without screen or keyboard.

	I picked audio/mserv, which can handle random play with
	people able to telnet in and rate songs so it can determine
	suitable play lists depending on who is connected.

	After some experimentation I've got it hooked to irman
	(audio/mserv_irman) to allow people to control the queue
	and rate songs with any random remote (each remote is tagged
	to an individual so the system can tell who is around),
	which works reasonably well in an office where viable music
	varies significantly depending on who is in :)

	That said I'm curious as to how other people handle similar
	situations! (or if they think mserv_irman could be doing
	anything better :)

--
		David/abs(olute)        abs@mono.org