Subject: Re: HEADS UP: migration to fully dynamic linked "base" system
To: Jed Davis <jdev@panix.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/2002 08:44:07
Jed Davis wrote:
> For extra fun, define global data with the same name as a library
> function; preferably the name should be that of a well-known call that
> the program doesn't use directly (so no compiler warnings) but that a
> loadable module that the program doesn't deal with directly (e.g. an
> nsswitch plugin) does use.  (My instance: "uname" with glibc and NIS.)

AFAIK we use internal namespace for these, so library (libc at least)
still uses the right thing even if you have symbol with same name
as some library routine.
i.e. this is intended to work fine with NetBSD (you'd just not be
able to use the routine in your program, obviously).

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>            http://www.NetBSD.org/