Subject: Re: HEADS UP: fully dynamic linked system now the default
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/23/2002 01:35:02
On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 08:33:39AM -0700, Tim Rightnour wrote:

  | On 22-Sep-02 Luke Mewburn wrote:
  | > If you don't want this behaviour, set MKDYNAMICROOT=no in mk.conf(5).
  |
  | What do people think about shipping a base.nondynamic.tgz in the
  | next release?

What people do on their own systems is their business.

However, I do not think that it is appropriate to "officially"
support multiple possible installation options such as this.
We just don't have the resources to support such variations.

Of course, I'm only speaking as one of the primary release
engineers for our most recent release, and as member of core...

Luke.