Subject: Re: lfs_cleanerd is crazy!
To: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/09/2002 22:44:51
On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 12:00:31AM +0200, Julio Merino wrote:
> I have a 3.2gb lfs partition full of sources. Today, the disk has started
> to spin. If I umount the partition, it stops, but when remounting it, it
> continues to spin all the time.
>
> I've checked the processes with a top and seen that it's a cause of
> lfs_cleanerd (it's taking around 30% of load).
>
> What can be happening?

What sources?  I saw this a while back in NetBSD-current, but the
problem I saw was fixed ages (months) ago.  Do you see anything in
/var/log/messages?

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...