Subject: Re: PAM
To: Jim Wise <jwise@draga.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/29/2002 11:39:38
[ On Thursday, August 29, 2002 at 11:31:40 (-0400), Jim Wise wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: PAM
>
> And here we come to the crux of the matter.  Because _you_ don't plan to
> use the new features made available by this, you don't think it should
> be implemented, and you're bound and determined to argue against it.

You are mistaken and it seems you did not read all of what I wrote.  I
_do_ plan to use all the new locale features.  However I'm not stupid
enough to try to use them on my SS1 or VAXen or whatever other ancient
and limited hardware I might find find the desire to resurrect.  I do
other stupid things on those machines, but I don't need even the NLS
support I have on them now.  I am smart enough to make those intelligent
choices about where I can afford the bloat and where I can do better
things instead, and I am skilled enough to implement those choices
despite whatever may be done by default in NetBSD to foil my efforts.

--
								Greg A. Woods