Subject: Re: agp driver
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: current-users
Date: 08/28/2002 13:03:34
On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Martti Kuparinen wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
>
> > > So, on my laptop and on my desktops (all three of them) the agp driver
> > > causes my X server to seg fault.
> >
> > I upgraded my XFree 4.2.0 (the previous version was from the time
> > when we had 1.5ZA) and now the server dumps core directly after
> > startup (X -configure works though). Enabling or disabling AGP in
> > the kernel config file does not have any effect :-(
>
> And I have Riva 128 (Nvidia, rev 0x10) AGP card...

I have a Riva TNT, and things stopped working when I compiled things anew
recently. Turned out my problems were with XF86Config.
Several hings with it, actually.

1) It had moved from /etc to /etc/X11
2) I had, by default, a 32 bpp configuration. Didn't work anymore, had to
   use 24 bpp instead.
3) The XF86Config file format have changed.

I think it can handle the old format and location, but it sure couldn't
handle by 32 bpp config I used to have.

	Johnny