Subject: Re: "Stale utmp entry"
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: sudog <sudog@sudog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/2002 12:17:53
On Tuesday 27 August 2002 11:57, Sean Davis wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 10:45:58AM -0400, John F. Woods wrote:
> > I'm getting a log of stale utmp entries as I log in and out from my
> > system (NetBSD 1.6E).  Is there something I've probably forgotten to
> > rebuild?
>
> Are you using ssh.com's ssh 3.2.0 by chance? I had this problem with that,
> and can provide a fix if so.
> -Sean

I'm seeing this problem as well but just tolerate it--I'm using the following
sshd on the machine I see the problem on:

sshd version OpenSSH_3.4 NetBSD_Secure_Shell-20020626

I just ignore it, personally. Not like I care if someone Zap2!'s themselves
out of utmp anyway, I have other things to do than be overly paranoid. ..
Err.. yea.. :-)