Subject: Re: HEADS UP: migration to fully dynamic linked "base" system
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/2002 02:43:38
On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

> > > Bah! That's just tables! That's even more silly.
> > > Are you claiming that character classification, character comparision and
> > > character conversions require separate pieces of code for each character
> > > set?
>
> 	yes (think of korean/japanese/trad chinese/simplified chinese).
> 	see src/lib/libc/locale and src/share/locale/ctype.

It should not be difficult to implement the same thing with a more generic
form of tables and a few rulesets. And it's hardly that difficult to
design one which is flexible enough for the things needed.
Might even turn out to be faster in the end.

But no, I'm not volunteering. I'm having big problems getting enough time
for my projects as it is...

So maybe I should shut up now.

	Johnny