Subject: Re: HEADS UP: migration to fully dynamic linked "base" system
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/26/2002 11:48:35
On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Jukka Marin wrote:

# On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 07:16:34PM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
# > Makes me wonder if some Linux gnomes have started wandering off into
# > NetBSD development... :-/
#
# Err.  I apologize for opening this can of worms.  I should have known
# better, having been reading these mailing lists for years. ;-)

Meh, a good discussion is a healthy thing.  I am seeing things presented
here that I cannot refute in any meaningful way, either due to lack of
technical savvy or just because the points are good.

Now I need to go look at dlopen().

I seem to remember, though, that even the old 4.3 distribution of BSD
made some reference about ld being able to link an object file into an
already running executable...or is this something so totally different
that the sky might as well be purple with yellow spots?

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: The free OS with a money back guarantee!