Subject: Re: pciide lossage on current-macppc
To: Monroe Williams <monroe@pobox.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/2002 12:25:15
On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 02:30:43AM -0700, Monroe Williams wrote:

> I sent this to current-users 3 months ago, and I haven't seen any response.
> I still see the problem with a kernel built from cvs today.  Is it just my
> hardware, or is this really broken?

There can be several causes:
a) the adapter has a bug with interrupts handling
b) the driver has a bug
c) the hardware (drives, cables) don't play nice together

As far as I can tell the interrupt routine in the driver is OK, but I don't
have programming docs for this adapter. c) can be caused by interferences
between the 2 cables, or by interferences on the power supply lines if
the PS isn't good enouth.