Subject: Re: Problem w/ envstat (winbond) and chassis fan?
To: None <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Anthony Mallet <anthony.mallet@useless-ficus.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/21/2002 00:17:30
Manuel Bouyer wrote :
| > I've got the following hardware: lm0 at isa0 port 0x290-0x297: W83781D.
| >
| > envstat only displays the cpu fan, and returns zeroes for the other
| > fan

| > Any idea?
|
| Not really. Could you open the case and check on the motherboard that
| the lm0 is really a W83781D ?
| It's sometimes specified on the motherboard's manual too

I just opened the case, and it's really a W83781D. At leat that's what's
written on the chip :)

Bill Squier wrote :
| > > (and while I'm there: is there a way to disable Temp 2&3, so that they
| > > don't appear in the output of envstat? - I mean: programmatically, not by
| > > hand :) )
| >
| > No
|
| I beg to differ.  man envstat(1).  c.f. -s.

Sure, but that's what I called 'by hand' :)

My point was to have e.g. the ENVSYS_GRANGE ioctl return only the
truly active sensors. Is there a way to have the chip return such
info? Or maybe that could be a kernel option?
But that's not a big deal anyway :)