Subject: Re: JIT under Java >=1.2 on i386 current.
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 08/20/2002 17:01:59
On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Herb Peyerl wrote:
> Is anyone using the JIT under Java 1.3 or 1.4 on i386?  One of my
> users has been pulling his few remaining hairs out trying to make
> it go.  Here's his description:
[snip]
> Both JServ and Tomcat hang with the JIT but work without it.  However,
> something simple like HelloWorld works with the JIT.

Probably not helpful, but <aol>me too</aol>. I seem to remember fixing a
lot of these problems before in my own code by adding some <thread
instance>.yield() calls in the right places, but it was a hack more than
anything (and you surely don't want to be messing with Tomcat code in that
way, especially if you're doing anything similar with it that I'm doing
with BEA :) )

Cheers,
Jared

-
Jared D. McNeill -- jmcneillATinvisibleDOTca
                    jmcneillATnetbsdDOTorg