Subject: Re: Upgrade from 1.5.x to -current on alpha
To: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier.humbert@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/16/2002 23:50:10
--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

hi,

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 11:41:58PM +0200, Xavier HUMBERT wrote:
>=20
> apr@spade.apc.aip.de (Andreas Priebe) wrote :
>=20
> > Wouldn't it be a good idea to link the toolchain utilies
> > statically???
>=20
> I agree with that, I once have been bitten by corrupt libc, that was a
> pain to rebuild. In fact, I had to copy it from another machine.
> Fortunately, I have at least two for each architecture.

what about just using build.sh correctly? :)  you should not use
DESTDIR=3D/, that's why you broke your system.

you would be safe using:

 ./build.sh -t -T /some/dir/TOOLS
 ./build.sh -D /some/dir/DESTDIR -R /some/dir/RELEASEDIR -T /some/dir/TOOLS=
 -d

and then unpack release sets to final destination when the build is
successfull. (and use etcupdate for etc.tgz). of course, you can use
other switches if you find them appropriate for your situation.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=
 --