Subject: Upgrade from 1.5.x to -current on alpha
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Priebe <apr@spade.apc.aip.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/16/2002 23:25:16
Hi,

after a succesfull and painless upgrade on my IBM/i386 laptop
to -current I tried the same procedure on my AXP/300 (alpha).

I made and booted a new 1.6D kernel, then as a regular user did

./build.sh -t
./build.sh -U XXXXX

All this went fine.
I hoped that a final (as root)

./build.sh

would do the trick, but ... this failed miserably after installing
the new /usr/lib/libc.so.12.86 as teh default /usr/lib/libc.so.12
(lots of coredumps).
I reverted the link to the previous /usr/lib/libc.so.12.62.1 which
made the coredumps go away - BUT:
Now I can't do a build.sh, as the new inlcudes are already in place
and I get the infamous __assert13 error, when compiling/linking.

Anything I do wrong? Wouldn't it be a good idea to link the
toolchain utilies statically???

TIA,

Andreas