Subject: Re: usb lpd strangeness in 1.6_BETA5 compared to 1.5.x
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 08/15/2002 09:04:53
On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 12:48:44AM +0300, Jukka Marin wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 10:38:00PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> > 	Unless there are any better suggestions, does anyone have a chance
> > 	to look at trying to track down when this problem started?
>
> I am still running 1.5R on my server and I have never had problems with
> my HP DJ970Cxi.  Don't know about newer kernels..

My hp940c generally works, but after I print anything I get
memory timeout messages from the pcn ethernet driver.
By guess is that the USB hardware is beating up the PCI bus.
(The cpu is idle)
I don't know wether the pcn driver is actually working at
this point (I don't often have my other sytem up).

Advanced Micro Devices AMD756 Power Management Controller (miscellaneous bridge, revision 0x03) at pci0 dev 7 function 3 not configured
ohci0 at pci0 dev 7 function 4: Advanced Micro Devices AMD756 USB Host Controller (rev. 0x06)
ohci0: interrupting at irq 10
ohci0: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb0 at ohci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0 at usb0
uhub0: Advanced Micro OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1

ulpt0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
ulpt0: Hewlett-Packard DeskJet 940C, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2, iclass 7/1
ulpt0: using bi-directional mode

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk