Subject: Re: UltraDMA problems under 1.6F (probably hardware)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/2002 13:36:40
On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 07:25:14AM -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> Hrm. That's three different controllers, counting mine (Acer Labs
> M5229 rev. 0xc4). Well, unless your Asus motherobard has a Via IDE

The Acer controller always produces these errors on the first few
accesses (at least, it does under NetBSD, I don't know about other
OSs). It has done so ~forever.

In my mail/NAT machine, I have:

pciide0 at pci0 dev 15 function 0: Acer Labs M5229 UDMA IDE Controller (rev. 0xc
1)

That gives me one error and a downgrade message after boot, and after that
it remains perfectly happy, so I've never investigated this.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                    fvdl@wasabisystems.com
Quality NetBSD Development, Support & Service.   http://www.wasabisystems.com/