Subject: Re: bizarre cdrom
To: Eric Haszlakiewicz <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Cameron <chris@onemind.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/12/2002 09:27:20
I cant offer any suggestions regarding the cdrom, but I highly suggest
downloading the hard drive test/diagnostics boot floppy from IBM and running
a full scan.  I started receiving some of those errors on a maxtor drive I
had in one of my NetBSD machines and the drive failed about a month later.

An IBM drive I have in another NetBSD machine (surprisingly its the same
model as yours) had some issues, and the IBM diag program was able to fix
the drive (I think it did a low level format or something, I didnt have the
time to really check it out, the drive was running in a raid-1 setup so I
wasnt worried about backing up the data off it).

-Chris

--
Chris Cameron <mailto:chris@onemind.com>
OneMind Inc. <http://www.onemind.com>